Jalnawala’s Sports Training and Research Center (JSTARC) is an organization that has become synonymous with major activities in martial art in India today. Better known for its innovative programs in Taekwondo & Hapkido, JSTARC was formed with an intention of promoting various fitness & sports related programs. Active in this field for over a decade, the center has to its credit of successfully organizing & executing 3of India’s largest, 1st of their kind & most successfully organized & executed martial art events- JSTARC Open Taekwondo Games in 2009, Jalnawala’s International Martial Art Summit in 2011 (JIMAS) & International Martial Arts Championship in (IMAC) 2013. We had most recently invited the Master of Tricking – Mr. Shin Min Cheol of S. Korea for a training seminar in Extreme Taekwondo & Mirme Cup (Taekwondo Demonstration Championship). It was held in our centre in Bilimora, Gujarat.
The most important achievement for JSTARC & a due recognition for its sincere efforts was the official appointment of JSTARC as the ‘Associate Member of Kukkiwon Overseas Membership System’. This grants JSTARC the Privilege Member Status & makes them the official Kukkiwon representative from India.
KMS Status has given the following benefits to JSTARC:
- A set of Kukkiwon approved Branding collaterals to promote the association.
- Assistance in Management initiatives like
- DO-Jang management Program, KOMS Standard Teaching Program, Kukkiwon Training Curriculum.
- Special Projects- National level competitions, exchange – programs etc.
K.O.M.S. Seminars- Special topic centric seminars to better the level of teaching & promoting taekwondo.
Founded in the year 1993 & head quartered at Navi Mumbai, we also have branches in Bengaluru, Kolhapur & Gujarat. We specialize in the martial arts of Taekwondo & Hapkido. Our team consists of experienced professionals, veteran players, visiting foreign experts & a pool of devoted staff. We have created India’s 1st Taekwondo demo team that has won competitions & been a finalist in a noted television reality show. This team has also been declared the ‘Demo Champions’ with the winning cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/- in a national level demo championship held in JIMAS & an increased cash award in IMAC. Due to our devoted & enthusiastic activities we have been honored with the prestigious affiliations with the K-Tigers (world’s best Taekwondo Demo Team), Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters), World Kido Federation & Hanminjok Hapkido Association (Pioneers in Hapkido) & the Yongin University (Premier education institute in S.Korea)
This expertise of world-renowned Masters and Olympic Style Training methodologies enables JSTARC to progress at rapid pace in its quest to popularize Taekwondo Culture & Hapkido in India. Along with our well-trained, well-informed and dedicated instructors, experts, trainers & advisors, our main activities involve:
- Regular classes & certificate courses in Taekwondo & Hapkido
- Training in schools
- Special programs in self defense for security staff, women organization, armed forces etc
- Belt Exams
- Competitions & Championships (Inter-Club, District, State, National level)
- Camps & subject specific seminars
Our Powerbrands are:
- Inspire: A powerbrand dedicated to impart Scientific & methodical training in Taekwondo. It offers Olympic level training programs of various intensities & duration. There are residential & non-residential packages for students all over India. The format of training & contents is based on the guidelines by WTF & Kukkiwon.
- Impact: The program for advance competitive Taekwondo & the Taekwondo & Hapkido Training & Grading exams. Its an unique & 1st of its kind in India. Formed with an aim to create a martial art hub where like-minded enthusiasts come together for knowledge update, interactive sessions & to compete.
- Koreafest: Tagged as the ultimate Training Experience, Koreafest has conducted many successful training & or competition oriented tours to S. Korea for masters & students. Koreafest – the infotainment tour, gives you the triple benefit of training under masters, participate or witness international competitions & Demos & know the Korean Culture. It truly provides a 360 degree experience of Taekwondo in its country of origin. It not only focuses on training with top teams & noted universities but also takes the participants to sightseeing tours, places of cultural importance & entertainment destinations. Taekwondo Athletes can participate in Championship & competitions through Koreafest.
- Leader’s Forum: JSTARC understands the necessity of the knowledge update & creation of training & growth opportunities for masters, academy heads & instructors along with their students. Leader’s forum caters to this need. Various lectures by experts address from masters & grandmasters & counseling sessions are a part of leader’s forum.
- Street: It is an approach to self defense & a scientific product designed and developed jointly by Jalnawala’s Sports Training & Research Center & Hanminjok Hapkido Association (World Kido Federation) World’s foremost authority on Hapkido. It caters to all aspects & techniques of self defense while highlighting defense, counterattack & dominance.
- Jalnawala International Martial Art Summit (JIMAS): This mega event is truly India’s biggest martial art congregation that garners participation from all around India & attention from International Martial art fraternity. It includes competitions, camps & seminars.
- Jalnawala’s International Martial Art Championship (IMAC): The success & response for JIMAS laid the foundation for IMAC. We at JSTARC are in competition with ourselves and we keep raising the benchmark we have set before. The event has a two part focus – Training Seminars and Championships. It witnessed participation of Taekwondo Academies from across India. Apart from the student’s, Business Development Programs for the coaches have been arranged making this event a 360 – degree experience for Indian Martial Arts communities. The highlight was the introduction of the PSS system in Indian competitions & a demonstration of the same was arranged for the benefit of coaches & referees.